Dr. Pushpa Jha
Deptt. of Chemical Engineering
+91 01672 253 196
+91 01672 253 197
PhD (1989-1996): Deptt. of Chemical Engineering, IIT, Delhi.
M.E.(1987-1989): Dept. of Chemical Engineering & Technology(now Dr SSBUICET), Panjab University, Chandigarh.
B.E.(1983-1987): Dept. of Chemical Engineering & Technology(now Dr SSBUICET), Panjab University, Chandigarh.
1. Have Teaching and Research experience of more than 24 years at Shaheed Bhagat State Technical Campus, Ferozepur and Sant Longowal Institute of Engg. & Tech., Longowal
2. Have administrative experience at institutes/universities as mentioned at point 1, as HOD, Chief Counsellor, Chairperson House Allotment, Chief Exam Coordinator, Warden etc.
3. Know about developing all core labs of UG and PG level of Chemical Engg. Discipline.
4. Organized National Conference on “Waste Management & Recycling-2011” as a resource person.
5.Guided more than 38 B.Tech.(projects), 9 M.Tech dissertations and 3 PhD thesis.
Expert Talks and Sessions Chaired
1. Delivered specialist talks on “Thermochemical Characterization of Biomass-A Renewable Source of Energy” in Short Term Course on Renewable Energy Sources, during July 06-11,2009 organized by Dept. of Chem. Tech., SLIET, Longowal
2. Delivered expert talk on “Briquetting Technology” in TEQIP sponsored Short Term Training Programme on Recent Advances in Energy Technology, organized by the Department of Chemical Engineering, NIT, Jalandhar from June 02-06, 2014.
3.Delivered expert lecture on”Application of Biomass as Adsorbents for Removal of Phenol from Effluents.” In ICRM 2018 at Kottayam, Kerela.
4. Took part as an invited speaker, in an online format to present ” Analysis of biomasses for their thermochemical transformations to biofuels” for the international conference EPM 20, organized by Wessex Institute of Technology, United Kingdom.
5. Chaired technical session on “Sustainable Management of Environment; Wastewater,
Solids, Hazardous Waste” in International Conference on Environment at USM, organized at Malaysia on 14th Dec.2010.
6. Chaired a technical session on “Novel Separation” in the International Conference, CHEMCON 2012 on December 27, 2012, NIT, Jallandhar, India.
7. Chaired a professional meeting on “Process Development” in the International Conference, CHEMCON 2012 on December 30, 2012, NIT, Jallandhar, India.
8.Chaired technical session on” Recycling of Polymer Blend” and Biomedical Applications at ICMR18, Kottayam, Kerela.
1. The chapter on “Application of Agro-Residues-Based Activated Carbon as Adsorbents for Phenol Sequestration from Aqueous Streams: A Review” in “Reuse and Recycling of materials: Solid Waste Management and Water Treatment” by Rivers Publishers, Denmark and the Netherlands, ISBN: 978-87-7022-058-3 (Hardback) 978-87-7022-057-6 (Ebook)
2. The chapter on “Characterization of Agro-residues for Thermochemical Applications”, “WasteEng12″, 2012, for the publisher, Mines d’ Albi, France, ISBN: 979-10-91526-00-5.
3.The chapter on” Biodiesel-Research and Future Trends”, “Advances in Chemical Engineering”, Macmillan Press, 2011, ISBN No.: CORP-000185.
4.The chapter on.” Thermo-Chemical Characterization of Agro-Residues for its Effective Utilization as a Source of Renewable Energy”, “Advanced Renewable Energy Sources”, 2010, ISBN No.:13978-81-909984-0-6
5.The chapter on.”Application of Rice-husk for Phenol Removal from Coke Oven Effluents”, “Separation Processes: Emerging Technologies for Sustainable Developments”, 2009, Allied Publishers Pvt. Ltd., ISBN No.: 978-81-8424-499-1.
6.The chapter on “Pyrolysis and Adsorption Studies on Rice Husk”, ” Recent Advances in Biomass Gasification and Combustion”, Under the aegis of Ministry of Nonconventional Energy Sources, New Delhi,1993, Interline Publisher, ISBN:81-7296-012-3
1. Member of Indian Institute of Chemical Engineers.
2. Life member of Indian Society of Technical Education.
” Women Researcher” in 2nd International Scientist Award on Engineering, Science, And Medicine” at Vishakhapatnam, A.P., India.
Papers Published in National/International Journals
1. Comparison of biomasses as adsorbent materials for phenol removal, WIT Transactions on Engineering Sciences, Vol 133, pp 127-133, 2021.
2. Application of Crop-residue Biomass as a Catalyst for Bio-diesel Production from Waste Cooking Oil (February 5, 2020). Available at SSRN: https://ssrn.com/abstract=3705099 or http://dx.doi.org/10.2139/ssrn.3705099
3. Analysis of biomasses for their thermochemical transformations to biofuels, International Journal of Energy Production & Management, vol 5(2), June 30, 2020.
4. Adsorptive findings on selected biomasses to remove phenol from aqueous solutions, Resources 2019, 8(4), 180, ISSN No.: 2079-9276.
5. ” Biodiesel production using waste cooking oil selecting solid acid catalyst derived from activated coconut coir” International Journal of Energy Production & Management, vol 3(2), August 2018.
6.” Batch Adsorption of Phenol by Improved Activated Acacia Nilotica branches char: Equilibrium, Kinetic and Thermodynamic Studies”, (pp 269-279), vol: 12, issue: 8, 2015, International Journal of Chemical Technology.
7. “Adsorption of Phenol by a Biomass (Acacia Nilotica Branches) Based Activated Carbon for Water Purification”, (pp 1361-1372), Vol.:6, Issue:4, 2015, Research Journal of Pharmaceutical, Biological and Chemical Sciences.
8.” Briquetting of Saw Dust”, (page nos:1758-1761) in Applied Mechanics and Materials, Vol.110-116, 2011 ISSN No.:1662-7482.
9.”Application of Rice-Straw as raw material for the production of handmade paper”(page Nos.:145-148) in International Journal of the Indian Pulp and Paper Technical Association(IPPTA), 23(2),2011, ISSN No.: 0379-5462.
10.” Selection Criteria of Agro-Residues for Various Thermo-Chemical Processes” (page Nos: 228-235), Journal of Biofuels; Volume:1; Issue:2, July-December 2010, ISSN No.:0976-3015.
11.” Study of biodiesel from waste soya bean oil ” (page Nos.: 1134-1139), Journal of Environmental Research and Development, Volume: 03; No.:04; April-June 2009ISSN No.:0973-6921.
12.”Potential of Rice-Husk as an adsorbent for Phenol Removal from Aqueous Solutions” (page Nos:421-425), Journal of Environmental Research and Development, Volume:05; No:02; October-December 2010, ISSN No.:0973-6921.
13.” Rice-Husk as an Adsorbent for Phenol Removal” (page Nos:593-596), International Journal of Science and Nature VOL.2(3), 2011; ISSN No.:0973-3140.
14.”Application of steam-assisted gravity drainage process in heavy oil recovery”, (Page Nos.:11-20), in Journal of Ultra Chemistry, Volume 8(1),2012, ISSN No.:0973-3450.
15.”Biomass characterization for various thermo-chemical Applications”, (pp 59-63), International Journal of Current Engineering & Scientific Research, Vol 2, Issue 2,2015 ISSN No.:2394-0697.
16. “Application of agro-residues for removal of oil spill from sea surface”,(pp 5-10), vol 2, issue 1, 2016, International Journal of Chemical Separation Technology.
17.”Application of Acid-Treated Carbon Derived from Biomass(Lantana camera) for Removal of Phenol from Aqueous Solutions”, (pp1-8), vol3, issue1, 2017, International Journal of Environmental Chemistry.
18.” Study of Esterification of Waste Cooking Oil using Solid Acid Catalyst Derived from Coconut Coir”, pp363-366, vol 7(3),2017, International Journal of Engineering and Management Research.
Papers presented in National or International Conferences:
1.”Application of Rice-Husk for Treatment of Industrial Effluents for Phenolic Wastes”, (pp.137-143), Proceedings of National Seminar on Science and Technology in Present Perspective, Organized by SBSCET, Ferozepur on October 26, 2002.
2. Paper presented on”Application of Agro-Residues for Removal of Phenolic Wastes from Disposable water”, in National Seminar on Energy Conservation & Environmental Management for Sustainable Development of Process Industries held during 25-26, Feb.2006 organized by Institute of Technology, organized by Gurus Ghasidas UniversityBilaspur, Chattisgarh.
3. Paper presented on “Application of Rice-Husk as an Adsorbent” in Indian Chemical Engineering Congress, in Chemcon 27-30 organized by Deptt. Of Chemical Engg. and Tech., Punjab University, Chandigarh.
4. Paper presented on “Design and Fabrication of Briquetting Machine for Saw Dust”, in International Conference on Environment, USM, Malaysia, held during 13-15 Dec.2010, organized by University Sains Malaysia, Malaysia.
5. Paper presented “Briquetting Technology for Effective Utilization of Agro-Residues as a Source of Renewable Energy”, in Indian Chemical Engineering Congress, Chemcon 27-29 Dec.2010 organized by Deptt. Of Chemical Engg.,Annamalai University, AndharaAnnamalai Nagar.
6. Paper presented in “Briquetting of Saw Dust”, International Conference on Energy and Power, held during 29-31, July 2011, IACSIT, Bankok, Thailand.
7. Paper presented on “Application of Babool for Phenol Removal from Effluents”, in Indian Chemical Engineering Congress, Chemcon held during 27-29 Dec.2011 at Bangalore.
8. Paper presented on”Application of Agro-residues for phenol removal from effluents”, in Role of Green Technologies for Sustainable Development, 30-31st March 2012, Ibrahim Andhra Pradesh.
9. Paper presented on”Characterization of Agro-residues for Thermochemical Applications”, in WASTENG 12 during 10-13 Sep. 2012 held at Porto, Portugal.
10. Paper presented on ” Study of Biodiesel from Waste Soya Bean Oil” in CHEMCON 2013 held during 27-30 December 2013 at the Institute of Chemical Technology, Mumbai.
11. Paper presented on “Adsorption of Phenol by a Biomass (Acacia Nilotica Branches) Based Activated Carbon for Water Purification ” in CHEMCON 2015 held from 27-30 December 2015 Deptt. of Chemical Engineering in Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati.
12. Paper presented on “Biodiesel production from waste cooking selecting a solid catalyst derived from activated coconut coir” in Energy Quest 2018 at New Forest, United Kingdom.
13. Paper presented on ” Application of Crop-residue Biomass as a Catalyst for Bio-diesel Production from Waste Cooking Oil ” in “International Conference on Advances in Chemical Engineering” at UPES, Dehradun during 5-7 February 2020.
14. Paper presented on ” Comparison of biomasses as adsorbent-materials for phenol removal” in “10th International Conference on Computational Methods and Experiments in Material and Contact Characterisation ( Material Characterization 2021 )” organised by Wessex Institute, United kingdom during 7-9 July 2021.
VIDWAN (Expert database & National Researcher's Network): https://vidwan.inflibnet.ac.in/profile/120055
1.Waste Management, Effluent Treatment & Recycling sponsored by AICTE of 20 lakhs under TAPTEC scheme from 2003 to 2006.
2.Modernization of Mass Transfer Lab, sponsored by AICTE of 10 lakhs under MODROB scheme from 2006 to 2008.
(B) Research Interests:
1.Waste Management & Recycling, 2. Bio-Resource Technology, 3.Alternate Sources of Energy, 4. Nano-Technology
(C) Research Gate website:Pushpa Jha on ResearchGate
Copyright © 2021 , Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering and Technology, Longowal - 148106 Distt. Sangrur, Punjab, India
Developed & Maintained by Administrative Computer Services System (A.C.S.S), SLIET