ICD (Chemical Technology)
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- To develop highly competent diploma engineers in the area of Chemical technology and having specialized knowledge in Paper industry.
- To produce innovative technical leaders that are able to contribute towards the advancement of Chemical technologies and specially related to paper industry.
The Programme Objectives (POs ) for ICD:
- Engineering Knowledge:
Apply knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals and core engineering specialisation to the defined and applied engineering procedures, processes, systems or methodologies.
- Problem Analysis:
Identify, formulate, study literature, and analyse broadly-defined engineering problems in reaching substantiated conclusions using analytical tools appropriate to respective discipline or area of specialisation.
- Development of Solutions:
Design solutions for broadly- defined engineering/technology problems and contribute to the design of systems, components or processes to meet specified needs with appropriate consideration for public health and safety, cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
Conduct investigations of broadly-defined problems; locate, search and select relevant data from codes, databases and literature, design and conduct experiments to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern Tool Usage:
Select and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools to broadly-defined engineering activities, with an understanding of the limitations.
- The Engineer and Society:
Demonstrate understanding of the societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to engineering technology practice.
- Environment and Sustainability:
Understand the impact of engineering/technology solutions in societal and environmental context and demonstrate knowledge of and need for sustainable development.
Understand and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of engineering technology practice.
- Individual and Team Work:
Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse technical teams.
Communicate effectively on broadly-defined engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, by being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Life-long Learning:
Recognise the need for, and have the ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in specialised technologies.
- Project Management and Finance:
Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of engineering management principles and apply the same to one’s own work as a member and leader in a team, and to manage projects in multidisciplinary environments.
- Pulp and Paper industry Specialization: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of technology of paper industry specially based on agro materials and recycled paper.