Dr A. S. K. Sinha
B. Tech. in Paper Technology from Roorkee University (now IIT Roorkee)
M. Tech. in Chemical Engineering from PTU, Jalandhar ( With Distinction and First Position).
PhD. in Chemical Engineering from SLIET Longowal .
Twenty one years of teaching and research experiences as Assistant Professor and Associate Professor in Department of Chemical Engineering, SLIET, Longowal.
( PG: 06 Years, UG: 21 Years)
Five years of industry experience as process executive engineer in Ballarpur Industries Limited, Yamunanagar and Pudumjee Pulp & Paper Limted, Pune.
Five years of administrative experience as Warden of Boys Hostel.
Seven years of experience as chairman of department time -table committee.
Two years of experience as SENATE MEMBER(2014-2016)
One year of experience as BOM member(2015-2016)
Program coordinator of DCT.
Exam coordinator of chemical Engineering department (2016-2018).
Placement coordinator of chemical engineering department (2016-2017)
Lab In-charge of paper Technology Lab.(2000 onwards)
Member of department research committee.(2019 onward)
Industrial Training coordinator for B.E. students (2019-2020)
Chairman of SLIET gas agency (2020 onwards)
1. Book Chapter titled “Neem (Azadirachta indica) as alternative wood fiber source with environmental advantages” published in PAPERCON 2008, TAPPI PRESS, USA , ISBN: 978-160560510-4.
2.Book Chapter titled “Study of use of silicon dioxide as nano fillers in rice straw pulp obtained by catalyzed acetic acid pulping for manufacturing of paper” published in “Biomedical applications of Nano structured Materials”, 2011, MACMILLAN PUBLICATION, INDIA, ISBN: 978-0230332010.
1. Life member of ISTE
2. Life member of Punjab Science Congress
3. Member of IPPTA.
4. member of Science Advisory Board
5. Life member of Indian Institution of Chemical Engineers (IICHE)
1. Chaired Technical Session in 6th Annual International Conference on Chemistry, Chemical Engineering and Chemical Processes (CCECP 2018) in Singapore on 13th March 2018 Organized by Global Science and Technology Forum.
2. Distinction in M.Tech. (Chemical Engineering)
3. IPPTA Scholarship in B.E.
4. Distinction in Mathematics in Intermediate Exam
Indexed Publications in Peer reviewed Journals :
1. Sinha, A. S. K. (2008) ‘Effects of pulverized coal fly ash addition as wet end filler in paper making’, TAPPI vol. 7, No. 9, pp. 3-7. (Listed as FEATURED Paper, included in Energy Citation Database, USA). [Indexed in SCOPUS, SCI]
2. Sinha, A. S. K., Singh, M., Singh, S. P.(2010) ‘Study on Use of Non-Magnetic Fraction of Pulverized coal Fly ash As Filler in Specialty Paper Manufacturing’, IPPTA vol. 22, No. 2, pp. 117-120. (Listed as FEATURED Paper in India Environment Portal, National Knowledge Commission of India). [Indexed in SCOPUS]
3. Sinha, A. S. K., Singh, M., Singh, S. P.(2011) ‘A Novel way of Utilization of pulverized coal fly ash and rice straw for laminate base paper’, JERAD vol. 5, No. 3A , pp. 706-716.
4. Jha Pushpa, Sinha A. S. K. (2011) ‘Application of rice straw as raw material for production of handmade paper’, IPPTA vol. 23, No. 2, pp. 145-148. [Indexed in SCOPUS]
5. Sinha, A. S. K. (2011) ‘Study of bio-pulping process for use of rice straw as fibrous raw material in pulp and paper industry’, JERAD vol. 6, No. 2, pp. 239-244.
6. Sinha, A. S. K., Singh, M., Singh, S. P.(2012) ‘Acetic acid pulping and ECF bleaching of rice straw and effects of acid concentration on pulp characteristics’, IPPTA vol. 24, No. 2, pp. 151-157 7. [Indexed in SCOPUS]
7. Sinha, A. S. K. (2012) ‘Environment friendly removal of silica from wheat straw and Saccharum Munja using urea ’, IPPTA vol. 24, No. 3, pp. 165-168. [Indexed in SCOPUS]
8. Prasad, K., Anil, A.,Singh, Y. Sinha, A.S.K. (2013) ‘Concentration dependent rheological behaviour of promising basmati and non basmati rice flour’, International Food Research Journal. vol. 20, no. 4, pp. 2005-2008. [Indexed in SCOPUS, SCIE]
9. Sinha, A. S. K., Singh, S. (2014) ‘Laminated Composite of Filler Loaded Paper Sheets Manufactured Using Rice Straw Fibers and Urea Formaldehyde Resin’, JERAD. vol. 8, No. 3, pp. 1-7.
10 Sinha, A. S. K., Kumar, M. (2014) ‘Optimization of Wheat Straw Fibers/Phenol Formaldehyde composites’, Applied Polymer Composites, vol. 2, No. 1, pp. 1-8.
11. Sinha, A. S. K. (2016) ‘ Study of Particle Size, Density and Crystallinity of Coal Fly Ash Particles For Use As Fillers In Paper and Paper-boards’, IPPTA, vol. 28, No. 2, PP. 83-88. [Indexed in SCOPUS]
12. Sinha, A. S. K., Dhanraj, R. R. (2017) ‘Response Surface Optimization of Rice Straw Treatment with Oxalic Acid For Production of Xylose, Cellulose and Lignin’, International Journal of chemical Engineering Research, vol. 9, No. 2, PP. 163-174.
13. Sinha, A. S. K., Dhanraj, R. R. (2019) ‘Furfural Production from rice straw using oxalic acid hydrolysis and sulphuric acid dehydration pretreatment ‘, PRAMANA RESEARCH JOURNAL, vol. 9, No. 4, PP. 467-477.
14. Sinha, A. S. K., Kamboj R. (2019) ‘ Lignin Separation From Black Liquor of agro-based Medium and Small Scale Paper Industry for Sustainable Development’, IPPTA, vol. 31, No. 2, PP. 79-82. [Indexed in SCOPUS]
15.Sinha, A. S. K. (2020) ‘ Study of Characteristics of Coal Ground Fly ash for Potential Use as Filler in High Opacity Specialty Paper‘, IPPTA, vol. 32, No. 2, PP. 156-160. [Indexed in SCOPUS]
16. Sinha, A. S. K. (2021) ‘ A novel manufacturing process of paper composite using recycled old newspaper sheets and phenol formaldehyde resin‘, IPPTA, accepted in June 2021. [Indexed in SCOPUS]
17. Sinha, A. S. K. (2021) ‘ Formic Acid Pulping Process of Rice Straw for Manufacturing of Cellulosic Fibers with Silica ‘, TAPPI, accepted for publication in June 2021 . [Indexed in SCOPUS & SCI].
Research papers presented in National/International Conference (2011 onward) :
1. Sinha, A. S. K. (2011), “Production of furfural and lignin as by-product of rice straw using catalyzed acetic acid pulping for paper industries” in international conference IICHE –Kochi, Kerala, Indian from March 10 -12, 2011.
2. Sinha, A. S. K. (2011), “Comparative study of properties of unbleached & bleached paper with fly ash loading as wet end filler using rice straw as fibrous cellulosic material” in national conference WMR –2011, SLIET, Longowal, Sangrur from December 09 -10, 2011.
3. Sinha, A. S. K. (2011), “Composites of cellulosic fibers as natural bio-polymer and silica obtained from rice straw using catalyzed acetic acid reaction for sustainable growth” in international conference on ‘multiphase polymers and polymer composite systems: From nanoscale to macro composites’, Universite Paris-Est Creteil, Paris, France from June 07 -10, 2011.
4. Sinha, A. S. K. (2018),“Utilization Potential of Rice Straw Fibers In Manufacturing of Decorative Laminates To Avoid Burning In Agricultural Fields” presented in 6th Annual International Conference on Chemistry, Chemical Engineering and Chemical Processes (CCECP 2018) in Singapore on 13th March 2018 Organized by Global Science and Technology Forum.
Google Scholar IdUWeMXMUAAAAJ
Vidwan-ID : 154070
Co-PI of Project “Modernization of paper and printing technology lab” of Rs. 6,00,000 during 2003-2005 under AICTE MODROB Scheme.
Research work area:
Utilization of Agro residue for production of cellulosic fiber for Paper manufacturing, furfural and polymer composites.
Utilization coal fly ash as wet end filler in manufacturing of industrial grades of paper and composites.
M.Tech. Thesis Guided: 04
B.Tech. Projects Guided: 25
Copyright © 2021 , Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering and Technology, Longowal - 148106 Distt. Sangrur, Punjab, India
Developed & Maintained by Administrative Computer Services System (A.C.S.S), SLIET